When: By appointment—contact us!
Where: UMD campus or at the Center for Advanced Study of Language (CASL). Please contact us for more information.
Event Type(s): Research Study
Participants are needed for a study investigating thinking and reasoning! Are you a native English speaker and over the age of 18? Are you willing to receive cash for completing tasks on a computer and filling out questionnaires?
If so, you may be eligible to participate in a study being conducted by the University of Maryland Center for Advanced Study of Language. Researchers are investigating how basic measures of cognitive ability can predict academic or job performance. They need your help to test these measures.
To be eligible to participate:
- You must be a Native English speaker over the age of 18.
- You must have normal, or corrected to normal, hearing and vision.
- You must have unimpaired use of your dominant writing hand.
- You do not have a personal history of neurological, neuropsychiatric, psychiatric disorders, learning disabilities, or head injury in which consciousness was lost.
- You do not have a recent history of excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, or substance abuse.
If you decide to participate, you will be asked to complete tasks of memory, reading, thinking and problem-solving. The tasks will be completed in multiple 2 to 3-hour sessions for a total length of participation being 8 hours. You will receive $150 for completing 8 hours of tasks.
If you are interested please contact the researchers at: firstname.lastname@example.org