The fall internship in the Washington Office of ECLAC will start in September 2015 and last 3 to 6 months, depending on the needs of the Office. Candidates may be selected throughout the posting period, on an "as-needed" basis.
Interns are expected to work on a full-time basis (work five days per week; 32 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Office, but they may undertake flexible working arrangements, subject to certain conditions.
The internship is UNPAID. All costs of travel and accommodation, including living expenses, must be covered by the intern or any relevant sponsoring institution.
The child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above for a period of six months following the end of their internship.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Daily duties may include:
- Assistance in drafting and preparing official documents
- Attending and summarizing conferences and meetings
- Document and internet research
- Working on web-presentation
- Compiling statistics
- Media analysis
Additionally, the Intern will also perform the following duties:
- Interns play an important role in assisting in the execution of the substantive work of the Office.
- Interns engage in economic analysis with a focus on trade, international finance, and development.