Under the guidance of Columbia Business School’s leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and may require knowledge of a scripting language such Python
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages