Series & Grade: GS-0399-05/05
Promotion Potential: 05
** It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 07/12/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.**
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Student Trainee (Management Assistant), located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations, serves as a project team member performing entry level developmental assignments and supports the auditing team in various phases of projects.
As a Student Trainee (Management Assistant), you will perform the following duties:
- Compile data from multiple sources using software programs that allow for data manipulation and analysis.
- Prepare written products describing work results, including findings, conclusions, and any proposed solutions or recommendations.
- Assist staff in conducting surveys of programs and operations to gain an understanding of the review process and the extent of internal controls designed to achieve program objectives and to prevent or deter fraud, waste, and mismanagement.
- Assist Management Analysts and Auditors on site visits and during interviews by objectively documenting and recording information, and collecting and maintaining evidence as a basis for observations.
- Make oral and written presentations to managers and others that discuss work results and impact, and propose solutions to address identified problems.
- 25% or Greater
- Travel nationwide under tight deadlines.