The Program Assistant will provide general support to the Women’s Equality Program, with an emphasis on the Program’s efforts in Latin America. S/he will report to the Program Manager, Women’s Equality Program, and will work collaboratively with all Foundation staff. The day-to-day work will be carried out under supervision, and may involve limited travel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform independent research on policy issues, government programs, social and economic data, and other topics relevant to Foundation programs;
- Compile data and summary charts and spreadsheets;
- Draft research reports, summary memos, strategy papers and other written products as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and review of financials, budgets, and work plans, and monitor spending;
- Review grant proposals and grant reports as requested to ensure documentation is complete;
- Draft/edit routine correspondence and memoranda, send standard letters to grant applicants, ensure grant documentation, supporting documentation and docket memos are timely and in proper order;
- Conduct evaluations of current and potential grantees;
- Attend and help organize meetings of grantees as needed.
- Coordinate with grants management as directed to include: input data into grants tracking software system, produce reports, process and track contracts and grant payment requests for program initiatives, and follow up with grantees on overdue reports;
- Assist in all office administrative tasks to include: logistical aspects of Board meetings, Foundation events and workshops; preparation of Board Books and materials; organizing phone or video links; planning conference events; updating Foundation website;
- Maintain and update working files and databases as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. NGO or foundation experience/interest preferred.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken Spanish preferred;
- Excellent written, grammar and proofreading skills; verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software quickly;
- Willing to accept changes in priorities and meet deadlines;
- Sound listening and communication skills;
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary;
- Poised, works well under pressure and attentive to detail;
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Pleasant attitude, self-motivated, service-oriented approach.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with the subject line “LAST NAME – Program Assistant, Women’s Equality Program” to the Human Resources Department at HR@wyssfoundation.org.
Read more here.