- has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry.
- has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared.
- is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results.
Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
We offer between $10,000-$20,000 per year for tuition assistance, health insurance benefits, a generous 401(k) employer contribution and are conveniently located on the metro line at Farragut North and Farragut West.
Salary mid 40’s
ABA is seeking a Research Associate in our Office of the Chief Economist to provide critical analysis on the banking industry, banking policy and economic issues. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Track economic indicators and providing commentary and analysis through daily blog post and email bulletins
- Analyze banking industry data to provide insights on industry trends and issues;
- Follow policy developments, identify important issues and provide analysis to internal staff
- Create presentations for senior management to present complex messages in simple terms through the use of tables and charts
- Support coworkers in a team effort – expected to coordinate work with others in the office to assure accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Produce informational products to articulate the impacts of regulations to banks and policymakers.
This position reports to the Director of Research, and has regular interaction with others throughout the Association and its members, as directed by supervisor. The incumbent should have a demonstrated interest in bank issues and policies, as well as develop an understanding of the quarterly bank financial reports and macroeconomic statistics.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Finance and two years of relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of related training and experience).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas through speech, writing and presentations
- Driven individual motivated to pursue issues beyond what may be specifically requested
- Team oriented mind-set
Contact James Chessen (Jchessen@aba.com) with questions. Apply here!