The Research Assistant will have an interest in research content areas such as public health, policy analysis, social marketing and health communication, and other public affairs topics. The ideal candidate will utilize qualitative and quantitative research methods along with superb organization and computer skills to be able to assist senior staff in conducting research for a variety of projects for Government and non-for-profit clients. The candidate should be an organized, detail-oriented, self-starter who has the ability to work well within a fast paced, team environment. This entry-level position offers an opportunity to develop critical research and analytical skills. The candidate will possess the ability to:
- Follow the agreed research plan thoroughly, accurately and thoughtfully to ensure quality research outcomes and findings. Importantly, high stakes recommendations and decisions are made based on the results of our research projects.
- Perform data entry, data coding and data management tasks. Assist with primary data collection efforts, as well as analyses of secondary data sources.
- Conduct literature and document reviews; present information synthesis to team members.
- Assist senior staff in performing analyses of quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Contribute to report writing, development of data visualization, formatting and copy editing.
- Assist with the preparation peer-reviewed journal articles and presentations for national and international conferences.
- Document the procedures and methods used, carefully follow the research protocol and take precautionary steps to protect integrity of the data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Other Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferred fields of study include: Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Political Science, Human Factors, Public Health or related disciplines. Candidates pursuing a Bachelor’s degree may be considered. Previous research experience in either academic or applied setting is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Expert knowledge of analytical tools within Excel a plus.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software and tools such as SPSS, SAS, R or Stata is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of research terminology and understanding of the research process.
- Demonstrated excellent communication (oral and written), teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills, work ethic and customer service orientation.
- Ability to pass a routine background investigation.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to travel to office in Rockville, MD.
Learn more and apply at Careers4Terps