- Conduct literature reviews on topics and synthesize material in the form of bibliographies, abstracts, reports, according to instructions.
- Tabulate and/or maintain collected data by means of coding or organizing data into tables or graphs. Produce tables and graphs.
- Assist with survey design and administers structured surveys (telephone, written, and in-person interviews, site observations) for projects requiring primary data collection.
- Assist with organizing meetings, meeting notes, and filing when necessary.
- Prepare presentations for conferences and help finalize journal articles, draft sections of literature reviews and reports.
- Perform analysis tasks and process data using SAS/SPSS/STATA or other such statistical packages.
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent grades, social science discipline such as psychology, sociology, demography, education, or economics preferred.
- Coursework covering statistics and research methods desirable.
- Direct experience working on research papers with primary or secondary data sources required.
- Experience with data collection (e.g., surveys or cognitive labs) a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information for technical and general audiences strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to work as part of a team necessary.
- Strong project management and organizational skills beneficial.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) strongly preferred.
- Spanish proficiency is desirable, but not required.
Applications are being accepted directly through our online application system on a rolling basis. Combine cover letter, resume, transcripts, one academic writing sample, and three professional references into one document before uploading. If you have any difficulty with this process please send requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to include the position title in the subject line.