SI is seeking an Impact Evaluation Program Assistant. This position supports SI’s Impact Evaluation Service Area, primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of IEs for USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), The US Department of State, The World Bank, or other donor agencies and organizations. The Program Assistant reports to Project Directors on individual projects and a Deputy Director as their main supervisor. This is a full-time, HQ-based position.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including consultant agreements; arranging travel; hotels; visas and other necessary insurances for traveling team members
- Orient consultant team members to procedures for working with SI
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between SI Program Managers, consultants, and client
- Organize and schedule presentations, trainings, and other events associated with SI contracts
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, draft and edit documents and reports
- Under supervision of Program Manager, monitor program budgets and reconcile expenditures
- Under supervision of Program Manager, provide technical support such as conducting desk research, assisting in the development of survey instruments and protocols, managing and cleaning quantitative and qualitative data sets, and supporting preliminary analysis, using Stata to conduct these tasks as appropriate
- As needed and under supervision of Program Manager, provide inputs on bids and proposals including on logistics, mobilization, and administration
- As needed and able, participate in field work, such as enumerator training or piloting data collection instruments.
- Participate in internal initiatives in the Impact Evaluation department as opportunities arise, and as availability allows. Support to internal initiatives may include updating internal technical materials, among other efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Economics, Political Science, or other related subject
- Proactive, self-starting, and strong attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English language verbal communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments
- Professional proficiency in a foreign language - strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Stata, ArcGIS or other quantitative analysis software packages - strongly preferred
- Coursework in international development and/or program evaluation - strongly preferred
- Work or study experience abroad - strongly preferred