AARP Foundation is AARP’s 501 c3 charitable affiliate. We are a public charity with revenue from federal agencies, corporations, foundations and individuals. Staff are located in Washington DC and throughout the US.
Bring your talent and your passion to work as an intern with the AARP Foundation's Workforce Programs. You will develop your communication, marketing, customer service skills and learn the art of data analytics while contributing to a busy team that advances the goals of persons who are 50+.
The AARP Foundation's Workforce Programs is seeking a talented intern to join its busy team this spring. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills with the largest social mission organization in the country.
Our intern will be involved in market research centered on key resources for the low income 50+ population. Research will include gathering, organizing, and updating data of external sources as well as internal historical data. Intern will also learn how programs use a customer relationship management tool to manage the operation of a program.
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Conduct market research by city centered on resources to support low income 50+ population to support them while their searching for employment;
- Learn how to enter and manage resources in the worlds #1 customer relationship management tool salesforce.com;
- Participate in and learn about implementing programs on a national level;
- Participate in and learn about the production side of business including partner meetings, data systems, and program metrics and goals;
- Participate in and learn about additional communications initiatives to promote programs on a national scale.
- Participate in informational interviews with experts in their field of interest.
Interns must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, in their junior or senior years of their undergraduate studies, with a minimum GPA of 3.0