Under the guidance of Columbia Business School’s leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: Finance, Economics, Marketing, Management, Decision Sciences, Operations, Accounting, and Data Analytics.
This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, the Physical Sciences, and the Social and Behavioral Sciences, are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Behavioral projects in Marketing or Management require knowledge of SPSS and prior experience in a psychology laboratory
- Quantitative projects in Accounting, Decision, Risk, & Operations, Finance and Economics, Management, and Marketing require strong programming skills:
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first-year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program runs from May 30, 2017 – August 4, 2017 (tentative dates). On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided.
The Application Deadline is 11:59pm EST on March 1, 2017. Apply early. Applications will be reviewed beginning mid-January and positions may be filled on a rolling basis. The application process is highly competitive. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please fill out the application form through the following website: http://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/faculty-research/research/job-opportunities/summer-research-internship