Do you have 2-4 years working as an Investment Analyst? Or, if you are a recent graduate, have you interned with an investment firm?
Does the idea of working for an entrepreneurial, growing, but well established firm, where you will have visibility and can make an impact, excite you?
If so, read on . . . HJ Sims, one of the nation’s oldest underwriters of tax-exempt bonds, with expertise in today’s fastest growing project sectors, including senior living, health care, education and energy, is looking to hire an Analyst/Associate, Public Finance. While the company is headquartered in Fairfield, CT, this position is based in Rockville, MD and we are seeking local candidates only.
This position will support the Investment Banking Team in analyzing, evaluating and executing potential tax-exempt and taxable municipal bond financings, senior and subordinate loans, direct bank placements and construction loans, seed capital and equity investments.
Responsibilities: This position will support senior bankers in interacting with investment banking clients. One must be comfortable working in a demanding, but collegial environment – capable of learning expediently and able to balance multiple projects effectively with a concern for deadlines. Specifically, he/she will work with Senior Bankers to:
- Provide assistance to team for all deal/client management, including preparation and presentation of analytics to staff and board members.
- Develop financial models to assess debt or debt financing alternatives for transactions.
- Perform quantitative analyses, cash flow analysis, and debt portfolio analytics.
- Develop client presentations, memorandums, and white papers.
- Interact with credit rating, investor, and investment community.
- Coordinate with bond counsel and other members of client’s legal team.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The right candidate will have:
- Previous experience in Public Finance preferred, ideally with experience in project-related financings
- Healthcare experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Superior presentation development skills.
- Proven ability to stay appropriately abreast of new trends and opportunities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated level of maturity.
- Excellent computer skills (must be highly proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Superior time management skills; ability to meet deadlines on time.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with senior professionals in an engagement team.
- Ability to learn and master new tasks quickly.
- Strong sense of self-initiative and readily able to work with limited direction.
- Ability and willingness to work extensive hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.