The Analytics Team provides the workforce data, analysis and related products and services that enable the organization to make better business decisions around its human capital resources. Specifically, the Analytics Team provides the NIH with workforce reporting, dashboards, advanced analytics and statistical models, project management and maintenance of custom-developed technologies, HR data management and subject matter expertise as well as surveys, interactive dashboards, and consult services for OHR and NIH.
The position is open to recent graduates (degree conferred within the past two years) and current students.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Basic (at a minimum) statistical analysis skills in areas such as significance testing, regression and forecasting techniques, as well as experience creating graphical representations of data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts.
- Experience with Survey design and analysis (preferred, but not required).
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Passion for analytics – we love data!
Main job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, design, and manage a variety of employee engagement surveys, customer satisfaction surveys and program/training evaluations.
- Analyze survey data using statistical methods to develop actionable results and create survey summary reports.
- Prepare tables, charts and graphs to summarize survey findings and results of analysis.
- Present survey findings and analyses to colleagues and key stakeholders. Recommend and facilitate data-driven action planning.
- Work closely with customers across OHR and NIH to transform survey work and evaluation techniques to better serve the agency.
- Integrate workforce data with survey findings to improve workforce planning across NIH.
- Apply statistical analysis techniques, such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis.
- Propose statistical models to improve data insight and predictions to facilitate strategic planning.
- Work with team and manager to develop project plans and executive project management strategies.
- Collaborate with team and assist in the preparation and delivery of presentations, trainings and other communications to leadership, stakeholders and customers.
- Build and expand products and services related to surveys, advance analytics, workforce planning and technology solutions.
- Current student or recent graduate from accredited school or program:
- Recent graduates (within 2 years of obtaining degree) must be able to work full time.
- Current students need to be able to work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
- Must have a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Previous experience with survey design/analysis, data analytics or reporting, or related research.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive data.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with survey software and/or statistical program (preferred, but not required).
This is a federal position with benefits and flexibility and room for growth. The Analytics Team offers flexible schedules, telework capability and interesting work in a creative and dynamic environment!
Please submit your resume or CV to Analytics Manager Lillian Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.