The Business Development and Strategy Intern will work as part of an energetic business development, strategy, and marketing team currently working on expanding Command’s rapidly growing business across domestic and international markets. The Intern will have the unique opportunity to support the development of a growing business while receiving exposure to some of the most pressing issues and cutting-edge strategies defining the global homeland and national security consulting marketplace today.
The Intern’s primary responsibilities are to (1) help the organization enhance its strategic decision making capacity and understanding of core markets by utilizing strong analytical and research skills, (2) support production of effective sales and marketing material in both written and visual forms, and (3) contribute to the efficient operation of Command’s headquarters office in various administrative and support functions.
Most of all, Command is seeking applications from intellectually curious, analytical thinkers that are capable of quickly understanding diverse subject matter areas and applying this understanding to a highly varied set of tasks. Candidates should be interested in the entire life cycle of the business development, strategy formation, and marketing processes, and in building the tools and products to help Command better carry out these processes. The ideal candidate will be eager to undertake challenging projects that range from conducting subject matter research on security environments in a foreign locales and writing creative sales copy to building Excel models and client-facing PowerPoint presentations.
Daily tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and tracking business opportunities in Command’s business development pipeline;
- Conducting market research on key areas of interest and activity to support Command’s firm-wide strategic initiatives;
- Conducting subject matter research on domestic and international security topics relating to business development pursuits, and synthesizing findings into carefully crafted written products for use by Command’s senior leadership in decision making;
- Writing and editing client-facing sales and marketing documents, to include proposals, brochures, websites, and presentations;
- Conducting data analysis, primarily using Microsoft Excel, to support project pricing and other data-driven decision making;
- Supporting efficient and reliable office operations through detail-oriented execution of administrative duties, as needed.
- Completion of or current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program in a related field (e.g., Business, Marketing, International Relations, Security Studies, etc) at a 4-year institution
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- The Internship will either be paid or for course credit, depending on the mutual needs of Command and the selected applicant.
- Command is seeking applicants that are available to work full time at Command’s Washington, DC headquarters.
Read more and apply here.