We are seeking applicants for our fall internship program at the Economic Development Administration (EDA), U.S. Department of Commerce. EDA’s mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. EDA drives collaborative regional economic development initiatives that lead to job creation.
The EDA Internship program is an unpaid opportunity but a travel stipend can be provided. Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in public policy, governmental affairs, legislative affairs, public affairs, business and/or community engagement.
All Interns Must Be:
• A U.S. Citizen
• Eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship
• Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
• Be able to pass a comprehensive background/security investigation
EDA Internship Program Offices:
• Office of the Assistant Secretary
• Office of External Affairs
• Office of Regional Affairs
• Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Office of Finance and Management Services
• Performance and National Programs Division
Example Intern Projects:
• Conducting research and synthesizing reports for the White House’s High Level Economic Dialogue (HLED) between the United States and Mexico
• Evaluating EDA grants to create best practice case study examples pertaining to long-term economic development
• Preparing grant announcements for key EDA stakeholders- including members of Congress, Governors, and other elected officials
• Assisting the White House in long term economic recovery during natural disasters.