Intern for a Day connects undergraduate UMD students with alumni, parents, employers and community partners for one day internship/shadowing experiences. This fall, we have 200+ hosts with 550+ possible shadowing placements in a wide variety of fields and industries!
The list of participating fall 2016 hosts is now available here.
In order to be considered for Intern for a Day, students must attend a short, 30-minute orientation session which covers the application process, workplace etiquette, appropriate dress, professional correspondence and more. There are eight (8) orientation sessions available to attend from October 3-October 6, 2016. Please click on the date and time of the orientation session that works best with your schedule to RSVP. All orientations take place in the University Career Center & The President's Promise (3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing).
Fall 2016 Intern for a Day Orientation Options:
- Monday, October 3, 12-12:30pm
- Monday, October 3, 4-4:30pm
- Tuesday, October 4, 12-12:30pm
- Tuesday, October 4, 4-4:30pm
- Wednesday, October 5, 12-12:30pm
- Wednesday, October 5, 4-4:30pm
- Thursday, October 6, 12-12:30pm
- Thursday, October 6, 4-4:30pm
ECON students may be particularly interested in the sites below.
- Adams Investment Group
- AXA Advisors
- Bridgewater Wealth & Financial Management
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Command Financial Services
- Morgan Stanley
- NewDay USA
- Northwestern Mutual
- Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian (Budget Analyst)
- The Interface Financial Group
- Visionary Concepts & Van Gogh Consulting
The Intern for a Day application deadline is Sunday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m. Students will receive the application via email after attending one mandatory orientation session. More details can be found at go.umd.edu/InternForADay
Most questions about the Intern for a Day program will be addressed during the mandatory orientation. For immediate questions, contact email@example.com.