The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsible for protecting the public's health by ensuring the safety of the Nations commercial supply of meat, poultry, and processed egg products.
USDA is a great place to start or continue your career. It’s ranked as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government” by the Partnership for Public Service (http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/rankings/overall/large). Rankings are based on employee feedback regarding satisfaction with their work experience. For more information on USDA and the Food Safety and Inspection Service, visit https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/home.
As a Pathways Intern some of the duties you may be asked to perform include:
- Utilize computer skills to create reports and perform assigned duties
- Participate in various meetings
- Review reports for quality control
- Conduct research
- Prepare drafts
- Assist senior leaders during various projects
- Perform supportive functions in development of various plans, analyzing data, preparing reports and making recommendations
- Must meet Pathways Program requirements.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must complete and pass a background security investigation
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Foreign National Eligible
To qualify for the USDA Pathways Internship Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled at least half- time or accepted as a degree seeking student.
- Must show proof of enrollment for current semester.
- Must have at least one year of academic study remaining toward completion of current academic degree.
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by educational institution.
- Must submit unofficial transcript(s). Official transcript(s) will be required, if applicant is selected for a position).
- A post-secondary certificate program must have been completed at a qualified educational institution equivalent to at least 1 academic year or full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
- A signed Pathways participant agreement.
- If you are a student veteran, complete the questionnaire and submit documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, SF-15 and proof of requested on the SF-15 if claiming 10-point Veterans’ preference or DD-2014 if claiming 5 point preference or VEOA eligibility (separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
Read more and apply here.